Monday, January 13, 2014

Depression Intro~



                            Depression is such an ugly word. It’s as though you feel like your Pressed down and you can go on. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. It’s a inward fight daily to survive the thoughts that seem to try to take over our minds. To push through, to keep on keeping on, when all you want to do is to curl up in that bed of yours, and pull the covers over your head and escape the world outside those 4 walls.
                         I had years of therapy, some were very good therapists, others not so much. No one knows us better than those who suffer with this disease. I want this blog to be as relatable as I can make it not just someone who has done research, and trying to understand. That’s not the case at all, because im someone who has lived with this, who dealt with this day in and day out and has come out on the other side with a better understanding of the disease and who I’m and what my triggers are. Who has learned healthy coping skills and boundaries to not let stress get the best of me.
            This blog will take you into the mind of someone who has dealt with bipolar, who has a passion to help others deal with it. I’ve found my reason to be happy. I understand that when you suffer with Bipolar, your depressed and most of the times, you don’t even know why, but we know it’s a chemical imbalance in our brains, which in my next entry ill go into much more details. It’s learning to accept what we can’t change, to not try to live up to everyone’s expectations. It’s about growing and learning.
                It truly is a process, a very slow one at times. It’s about learning to have a new perspective on life, because let’s be honest we see life through different eyes. It’s about not focusing on what will bring me down, but keeping my eyes focused on how far I’ve come, A journey of mountaintops and valleys, A journey that’s brought me here to this point in my life. To a point I can encourage and offer Hope to you, I used to look at depression as if I was pressed down, but now I see it as I PRESS ON….I’m going to finish this race, and with Christ I WILL finish well!

No comments:

Post a Comment