Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Reason why I Speak Out~



                                     I  Step out from behind the shadows. Giving My Story a voice to be heard, though it not always the easiest thing to do. I know so many people who have been dealt this hand, some very close to me, others I met through someone else. It’s like a old photograph, that’s faded, but still part of who I’ am .For Many years this Disease defined me, no longer does it confine me. No longer do the chains bind me. Though I must say, it’s been a very long painful journey to get from there to here.
 From one who has struggled with Bipolar for years, to now living a life the best I can, stable and full of hope. I write this blog for YOU ALL. Writing has always had a place in my life, from keeping a journal from the young age of 10 to writing letters of encouragement to those who needed a lift in their spirits to sharing my pain and struggle, and how I was able to do that. I know that doing this will bring memories of those tough days, those long tearful nights.
 I’m not so far removed from that pain that I can’t empathize with you. I couldn’t see it then, but God brought something beautiful from those ashes, He is giving me the words of HOPE, and strength to pass on to you, my readers, to let you know this journey you do not walk alone. This is my STORY… its how God took my test and turned it into my testimony from being on 24 pills a day to now down to 2. So please walk hand in hand with me and let me share with you what has helped me. I know this isn’t just my journey, but it’s all who suffer with mental illness. I won’t go into detail, but I will tell you, I’m planning on writing some great insightful entries about all kinds of issues that I know a lot of you out there are dealing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment